Some people may not know this about me: I'm kind of a clean freak. People know not to leave their trash in my car, I make my bed every morning (mostly to avoid my irrational fear of spiders crawling in my bed during the day and greeting me at night), I hate material chaos and cluttered spaces. Living in such conditions could quite possibly cause a mental break down. However, during finals.....
ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!!
My bed is never made, I can't tell my clean clothes from my dirty clothes, which by the way are scattered about my floor, mounds of papers are nesting on my desk, freinds...what friends (?), the gym is a foreign word, and my personal hygiene, well, let's not even go there; I'm pretty sure I look publicly inappropriate.
Last week was one of those weeks....
Friday night I felt an overwhelming sense of relief as I clicked the submit button for my final paper; following which I sat on my bed for five minutes, dazed and starring into the obis. I probably looked as though I had some serious issues going on in my brain.
Luckily Saturday brought recovery 101, which basically means taking control of my life again.
I woke up at 7:30 and hauled my butt to the gym for an hour.
Hello my mean killing machines, I've missed you...
Is it weird that the one thing I've been looking forward to all week is cleaning? Seriously.
closet. laundry. dressers. tiolets. hope chest. backpack. dusting. sweeping. organizing. scrubbing. labeling....you name it, I did it.
It's amazing what a little scrubbing bubbles and windex can do to the soul; it felt good.
I wasn't the only one on a cleaning spree, my mom was hauling butt too. I swear my mother is the definition of a woman with no boundaries; she is one tough chick and can pretty much do anything! We finally crashed that afternoon and my mom decided it was time to get pedicures and food!
Thank you mom!
Following the days festivities, I spent time with my dad and as well as my friends...it was the perfect ending to a perfect, cleansing day.
1 comment:
We are SO related. Annie & I are the same way!! Yay for cleaning time!
Post a Comment