Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

A 'Wicked' weekend!

This last week my Mom, Marissa and I ventured off to Utah not only to see Jonny and Whitney but to see WICKED! This is the third time I've seen this on Broadway; once in New York and once in L.A. but both of those times we had nose bleed seats. But not this time... this time we had FRONT ROW tickets!!! WOOHOO!!! It was amazing to see all the details and expressions of the cast/set that you just can't see way up in the back.

If you don't know what Wicked is about then allow me to explain. Long before Dorthy came into the picture, two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. Elpheba is born with emerald green skin, she is smart but very misunderstood. Galinda is pretty, ambitious and popular. The story explains how the two friends became known as the wicked witch of the west and the good witch. I highly recommend that you see this, they are still touring in San Francisco!


Of course after watching Wicked, I couldn't help but reminisce on my music days! I have so many great memories with Pirates of Penzance, Beauty and the Beast, Into the Woods, Guys and Dolls, and all the other music performances!

This was when Intermezzo performed at Disneyland my senior year!
Beauty and the Beast, my sophomore year (2005)!



Here are some pictures from the trip.


2 comments:

Watts Family said...

Oh musicals...How I miss them!! Glad you had a great trip :)

Elder Martinez said...

Love the Broadway musicals!!!! Thank you Whitney for getting us those amazing tickets!

I miss watching you sing and dance in the Intermezzo Broadway reviews as well as watching you cheer in the football and basketball games! Great times!!!! It fun having you sit on the bleachers with us as we go to Erik's games and in the near future going to Marissa's activities!!