Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Look Back: 2014

This year has been a whirlwind.  I can honestly say that 2014 is the year that I truly found myself.  I guess moving across the country by yourself will do that to you.  I truly feel this year has been my biggest year yet!  I'd be foolish not to record some of the events for my own purposes.    

Some of the bigger moments:
  1. Officially graduated after completing my student teaching at Mercer Middle School.
  2. Achieved my dream of moving to the East Coast (even if it was for a shorter amount of time than originally anticipated).
  3. Traveled to new places.
  4. Met new people who really impacted my life.
  5. Was hired as a first-time coach.
  6. Was hired as a first-year teacher.
  7. Got a real, big-girl paycheck.
  8. Became an aunt to the cutest-snuggliest-kissable-loving baby girl.
  9. Experienced what new and unconditional love truly means (see #8).
Some of the smaller moments:
  1. Conquered my fear of handstands (yes, I can do all kinds of flips, but have always hated doing handstands). 
  2. Visited a countless number of museums in D.C.
  3. Learned how to cook with one hot-plate and no oven (don't be fooled...it's challenging).
  4. Learned the luxury of plumbing...oh hell, the luxury of functioning toilets on a consistent basis. (Ask at your own risk).
  5. Experienced serendipity's frozen hot chocolate (if you're ever in Manhattan, it's worth the wait)
  6. Met up with childhood friends and Alisa (my cousin) in NYC, Maryland, Washington state, and Baltimore!
As for 2015, I'm excited to see what will come of the year.  I'm not one who obsesses over making resolutions.  I believe you should be goal-setting throughout the year as new opportunities arise.  I did however write some goals that I'd like to see happen for my own personal growth and strength. It's not a matter of if it will happen, but when.  

Happy New Year!    


Moving into my apartment in Virginia
Gifts from the students I taught at Mercer M.S.
My lead teacher, Mrs. Scanlon and Mrs. Maylott.
One of the museums in D.C.
Serendipity
Gabriella and I.  May 2014
My first classroom: before and after.
Anne and I in Washington.

Anne, Blaine, and I in Brooklyn 
The cheer captain and I.
Crescent Lake in Washington



No comments: