My first official post living on the East Coast.
I don’t really have an excuse for not updating my blog other than the fact that I just haven’t felt like it. I figured I better write this fast while I’m in the blogging mood, and before I get distracted by some meaningless task.
I don’t really have an excuse for not updating my blog other than the fact that I just haven’t felt like it. I figured I better write this fast while I’m in the blogging mood, and before I get distracted by some meaningless task.
Phew. Where to begin? I’m gonna be completely honest and say
that moving to Virginia has been an adjustment, and a hard one at that. It’s not easy moving to a place where you know not a single soul. The closest
friend I knew when I moved here is an hour away. Needless to say I spent the first couple of
days...weeks, on the phone, crying to my mom, and drowning my sorrows in Grey’s
Anatomy marathons on Netflix. Add to
that defect and the East Coast has been experiencing a modern day ice age:
snow, rain, freezing temperatures, and lots of ice! To give you a clue on how bad this weather
has been, Loudoun County has canceled school for an accumulative of 2.5 weeks. Lucky for me I don’t
have to make any of those days up. It was nice for the first hour or so....
I’ve learned to take full advantage of my time off and explore all that the East Coast has to offer. I’ve been
to a crazy amount of museums in D.C., have gone to NYC three times,
discovered cute local shops, explored the mother-load of crafting:
Hobby-Lobby, and found an amazing grocery store, Wegmans. Seriously, I'm obsessed.
(Excuse my wretched look. This is my first day in Virginia and I only got about two hours of sleep). My friend, Dana just happened to be vacationing in D.C. my first few days there.
Rockefeller plaza.
This was in Gap in times square. Pretty cool!
Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate. Pure bliss. Whitney and I are hooked.
A yummy bakery in Astoria, Queens.
I was able to see my cousin, Alisa and her cute son Everest, who just happened to be visiting Maryland.
As for the internship…I love it! My lead teacher is so much fun and so supportive. The students are a comical bunch. The other day I taught a lesson about main idea vs. theme. I used a Taylor Swift song for guided practice, and about thirty seconds into it, they all burst out in karaoke (definitely my kind of group)!
My humble abode is a brand new studio
apartment. There's definitely pros and
cons to living by yourself, without roommates, but I love having my personal
space.
As you can probably tell, there's no stove/oven. I’ve had to be creative with my single hot-plate and crock pot. As for the
mini-fridge, lets just say I can see myself having a future with UPS.
If you have any great crock pot or single hot-plate recipes, you should definitely share them with me; there's only so much you can cook after a while.
Until next time my friends....




.jpg)









1 comment:
I know the trasitiion has been hard but it looks like you are having an awesome adventure. I love your apartment. It's adorable!
Post a Comment