Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

In 'n Out

No I'm not talking about the fast food chain In 'n Out (although it's delicious), I'm talking trends.  I have compiled a mental list of fads that I'm over and fads I love.  Consider me an "all things cool" extraordinaire.  Just kidding...half kidding.

Out

Can we be over this whole leggings as pants epidemic?  Seriously, fashion failure.  Isn't the purpose of pants to hide our nakedness?  Leggings fail to meet this objective as much as dipping your legs in a pool of black paint does.  I prefer not to know the intimate details of one's body; too much information.   Prime example:

Poor Tyra. Epic. Fail.

Disclaimer: leggings and jeggings are like distant cousins: they come from the same family but are completely different (if worn in the correct size and correct way), just saying.

Can we stop our technological movie advances at Blu Ray?  I don't want to have to start my whole DVD collection over again.  Like vcr's, dvd players may one day no longer be manufactured.  I'm not cool enough to even own a flat screen tv or Blu Ray player yet.

Harry Potter.  It's done.  It's over.  There will be no more books, no more movies.  It is dead.  And yes, I realize I may be shot/disowned for even mentioning the passing of such a phenomenon.  A risk I'm willing to take.

In

I like my cardigans.  It would sadden me greatly if they were to ever go out of style.

Zumba gives me a reason to quote, "use what my mama gave me".  I can shake my hips; I can dance some hip-hop and salsa.  And they call that exercise?....I am a happy woman.

Crafting.  Because everything I make makes me happy and feel more domestified (is that a word or am I making that up as a result of seeing Wicked one too many times?)  Whatever.  Tonight, for example, I caught up with an old friend at Playful Potter.  We discussed the latest happenings of our lives while painting mugs.  For Christmas one of my homemade gifts to both parents were coasters with pictures of us kids.  Professional or not, I am proud.


Last but not least, I want charm bracelets to come back.  They were popular when I was in middle school...ten years or so ago (eeekkk)!  I was cleaning out my jewelry box the other day and found my bracelet with all my little personalized charms.  I will bring those back, who's with me?!


Would you like to play the In 'n Out game?  You should.  Tell me what you think.
Also, this is audience participation.  Hint. Hint.


1 comment:

Alisa said...

Harry Potter stays in my "In" box no matter what! ;) Yes, sadly, your cousin is a Harry Potter nerd. However... ZUMBA ON!! I bet you are a PRO at zumba ;)