Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May Mania

Hello blog world, I'm back!  May has certainly been a busy month with a lot of changes.  Here are a few things that took place:

Erik went to his senior prom. 


I absolutely love this kid; he is such a goofball and never ceases to make me laugh. I cannot believe he's graduating from high school in just a few short weeks!

I love this picture of the three of us.


My 22 birthday.

I used to love birthdays; it's a day dedicated to you, which
means you can pretty much get away with anything.  Sadly the last two years I haven't been quite as enthusiastic.  Sometimes I have a hard time believing I'm an adult.  Fortunately I have a lot of people that care about me, and they made sure this birthday was extra special. 

Festivities began May 22 when I had a "unsurprise surprise" party.  I say that because I knew about a birthday dinner my mom had planned for a few of my friends and I, but had to pretend that I didn't know about it.  Amanda took me on a Marina walk and we came back to find a few of my friends in the living room enjoying barbecue.  I thought I had everyone fooled with my exceptional performance of acting surprised. 
.
.
.
.
Little did I know that the real surprise would be the following day on  my real birthday.  My amazing friend Kimmy picked me up and took me shopping at Forever 21.  I came home around 9:15 pm, went into the family room to turn on the Bachelorette only to find 30 people huddled in the family room screaming, "surprise."  They tricked me!

My good friend Janelle bought me a pinata.   My friends always joke about me being the worst Mexican they know.  Why?...  I speak little Spanish and used to hate Mexican food. 

Janelle thought this pinata was perfect, and of course, it was.




Marissa loved it!

I had a lovely time demolishing the pinata with every ounce of frustration and anger I had in me.  I never realized how therapeutic this activity is. 



This is what was left of my poor pinata.  (Sorry, its a little blurry).



It was a splendid time indeed.  Thank you to everyone who fooled me.


Utah.

I spent memorial weekend in Utah with family and friends.  Saturday was filled with back breaking work (just kidding) while moving Jonny and Whitney into their basement apartment.  That night we indulged ourselves in a yummy barbecue.



These two silly love birds (Kayleen & Tiago) loved playing in the little carts meant for the little kids.

My cousin Kerissa

Les Miserable 

The show I've been dying to see on Broadway for years was absolutely incredible.  The set, the cast, the music, everything about the show gave me goose bumps!  I was at the edge of my seat throughout the entire performance.  I'm pretty sure Les Miserable will always hold the number one spot for favorite musical in my book. 

P.S. Happy Mother's Day Mom, I know you enjoyed it as much as I did! 


I was very excited!



I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!

Toodles.



No comments: