Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Life Update

I love summer. The excitement and the enthusiasm that fills the air is so addicting! As promised, I'll give you a little life update.

School is officially out! Hooray! I was beginning to think that this day would never come, but it is here and I'm more than delighted to usher in the break! Not only did I get my behind kicked this semester, I think I kicked it right back. I don't officially have my grades yet, but I'm 95% positive I got a 4.0 this semester!

As we all know, the hitching season is upon us and everyone is getting married. My mom, Marissa, and I threw a bridal shower for Malerie Loveland (soon to be Greco) a few weeks ago. It was a blast! Food, fun, and games (hilarious games, compliments of Megan Svetz), what more can you ask for? It was great to see some of my old friends there too that I hadn't seen in a while!

Yes, that is a size F bra, and yes we stuffed it with fake silicon made out of white balloons and corn syrup.  It was part of a game.  Trust me, filling those balloons was not an easy task!



My big 21st birthday is coming up here in about a week. To be honest, I'm really trying hard not to have a bad attitude about this. I secretly cried on my 20th birthday, and now I'm turning 21....21!!! I need to face the fact that my childhood/teenage years really are behind me now. But those years were so good. I have great memories! I need to stay positive and realize the best parts of my life are still ahead of me. I've always joked that I'm going to go to a bar on my 21st birthday and order a Shirley Temple. The problem is my 21st birthday falls on a Sunday...hhhmmm....

On May 21st I will be going to see Carrie Underwood in concert! I don't think words can describe my excitement, I love her! My mom bought me tickets for Christmas; five months of waiting and the day is almost here. I saw her in concert about two years ago and she was absolutely amazing. She sounds great in her albums, but she is even better live!



Things I’m looking forward to this summer are:
Tahoe
Pedicures
Flip Flops
Light clothing (as in no heavy attire)
Marine World
Little get-a-ways here and there
Playing outside
Outside BBQ’s
Camping
Strawberry shortcake (It’s one of the foods I have a hard time eating in the winter months…don’t ask…)
Kite flying
Walks
Summer nights (there’s nothing like it)

The List goes on and on!!!

I'm taking a trip down memory lane with these summer pictures.  Enjoy.


Amanda has graduated from sitting in a classroom and will move on to student teaching.  Yay Amanda!

I discovered this picture on my computer and it made me smile

Moments before our skydiving adventure!


So that's it for now....



See Ya!

1 comment:

Watts Family said...

Ahh memories! I love the summer too! and just so you know, you can always take comfort in knowing that you are younger than me :)