Guess what? I'm officially 21! I had such an awesome weekend: Carrie Underwood, shopping, surprise party, friends, family. Pictures will come shortly!
So lately I've been wanting to find a good read. The problem is but I'm pretty picky about my books. I have a commitment issue and I don't always finish the books I start. Last week I was watching the Today Show and they invited, Neil Pasricha, on to talk about his new book called, The Book Of Awesome. If the title doesn't catch your curiosity I'm not sure what will. The book talks about the simple pleasures in life that we all take for granted. This got me thinking of my personal list of awesome. I haven't read the book yet, but I'm going to start it this week and finish it! I'll let you know how it is.
My list of awesome:
Popping bubble wrap
The feeling of adrenalin you get after you exercise
A quiet and tranquil snowfall
Tucking yourself in to your newly clean bed sheets
Payday
Hitting all the green lights in a row
The window seat on an airplane
Taking your bra off after wearing it all day long
Finding old pictures that have stories behind them
Finding money in your pocket or an old purse
A bouquet of Gerber daisies
Laughing until you start to cry
Music
The smell of Starbucks
A warm chocolate chip cookie with a cold glass of milk
the feeling of love
Cuddling with someone who makes you feel safe
Waking up (without an alarm) to sunshine and the sound of birds chirping
A nice and long hot shower
Bubble baths
The smell of freshly mowed grass
Living with someone who happily kills spiders for you
Minty breathe after brushing your teeth
Finding an awesome parking spot at a busy location (the mall, Costco, school, etc.)
The satisfaction you feel after acing a really hard test or task
The ache in your muscles after a really good workout
Pretty eye color
Cookie Dough
Putting old clothes on and realizing they're too big
Reading the nutrition label and still eating it anyway (only guilty of this sometimes)
Sale or clearance items
Waking up thinking it's Friday when it's really Saturday
The pure satisfaction and enjoyment of painful pressure releasing from your ears
The excitement you feel when your phone alerts you of a text message because you're loved
Belly laughs
Belly laughs
The memories that flood back when reading the box of notes you got in high school/middle school
A long hug when you really need it
The moment when you finally learn how to use chopsticks
When batteries are included
When your dog is really excited to see you
Moving forward and moving on
Mother and Father love
Getting really good advice
The moment on vacation when you forget what day of the week it is
What's on your list of Awesome???
3 comments:
I like that...I think I will have to make an awesome list of my own :) Glad you had a great birthday!
umm... i dont see my name on that awesome list! lol jk I love you :]
Don't worry Alyssa. You're included in the exclusive list of super awesomness!
Post a Comment