Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Catching Up

I always forget how busy ending a semester is.  No matter how much time and effort I spend on not wasting time, time is always wasted.  There's an imaginary and literal to-do list: I check one thing off, and three more things are added.  Such is life I guess.  Such items included (verbatim):

  1. Get Smith's stupid crap done. (Name has been changed for protection purposes)
  2. Mail the Praxis packet that has been sitting on your desk since September.
  3. Write a defensive argument for Smith explaining why I think rubrics are essential to students success (all so I can have a rubric for my unit plan assignment for a professor of Education who believes that students should learn material on their own without any prior knowledge or teacher guidance/direction all so they can become independent thinkers and thus be able to pass an assessment with flying colors).   B.S. I SAY!...and excuse me for that necessary rant. 
  4. Write a test about assessment for my assessment project.
  5. Write Katie a thank you note for being the most patient math tutor known to man-kind, and bake her cookies.
  6. Practice tree-drawing.  Not literal trees, but ones that look like this:
 
And remember to have a good day. ;D
Enter: bulging eyes, tears, chocolate, and some serious plans for detox after this is all over.  Maybe taking off to Disneyland a week before finals wasn't the best idea in the world.  Who am I kidding???...of course it was!!!
 
 
Everyone will be happy to know that I survived this semester and operation detox came in full force on Tuesday at 11:05 am.  I've thoroughly enjoyed the leisurely activities of sleeping in, pleasure reading, watching movies, seeing friends, experimenting in the kitchen, and a much needed hour and a half phone conversation with the best friend.


Oven Baked Fajitas. Click here for the recipe.
 



 
My friend Kimmy celebrated her birthday with ice-skating, and a princess themed birthday party.  I knew there was a reason why we're such great friends ;D.  My other friend savannah made that cake!



 Sorry for the pictures being a bit blury.
 
Have a wonderful Christmas!




3 comments:

Alisa said...

I still don't know what tree drawing is. Is this a math thing?? That would be why... hahaha!
And I agree, Disneyland was a good choice ;)

Alex said...

Alisa, it wasn't math, even worse, linguistics: syntax. Did you have to take that? At UNR it's required as part of my program ;/

Random Rileys said...

I like it! Cute :) and thanks for the shout out!